Aug. 5, 2019 By Allie Griffin
One man has died and four others were sickened by possible carbon monoxide poisoning inside a Williamsburg building Saturday morning, according to police and fire officials.
Police were responding to a report of an unconscious person at 6:11 a.m. Saturday at 211 Jackson St when they found the man who was in his 40s lying on the ground in a second floor hallway. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The FDNY said it found “elevated CO levels,” inside the building at the time.
Two men, 24 and 50, and two women, 25 and 30, were taken by ambulance to the hospital in stable condition, police said.
The five people are believed to have been squatting in the building which is up for sale, according to the New York Post.